idyllic hours
BONJOUR, JE M'APPELLE CARRIE.
A day of return @ Tuesday, January 3, 2012
To the blog and to school.

I hope everyone's 2012 so far has been wonderful. I usually do new year's resolutions, but I feel differently about them this year because I think that if I truly want to self-improve, I can do it on any day.

Today was day one of the winter quarter. I was assigned homework on the last day of break, and I got even more homework today. It took me from 3-9PM to finish these "light" assignments. The Mansueto... ugh... welcome back to UChicago, I suppose? I don't think I am use to the work yet. The stress and the work seems unfamiliar to me, but maybe that is because I feel reluctant to re-familiarize with it.

But that's enough about that. I've been feeling pretty artsy recently--thinking and thinking up ideas for future pieces. It makes me really happy when I see the images in my head, and it makes me really want to put them on canvas, on paper right there and then. But I don't really have the medium and extra hours to do that. My residence hall is holding a residence-hall-wide arts event in February, and the hosts are asking for art submissions. I plan to submit something big, so hopefully that will go through.

I was talking to a friend the other day, and I was really excited about an idea I proposed: Someday, I would make 3D art comprised of many pieces that can be taken away by the audience. At the withdrawal of every piece, the artwork would be photographed--and its new structures would be new art in themselves. Isn't that cool? Because after all, doesn't everyone just want to feel like a part of something? So you can technically walk into a museum, and become the artist of the artwork just by taking away a piece, and then also essentially be the co-creator of the next structure.

Then he told me that they already had something like that at the Art Institute--a candy exhibit I believe?

Boo.

Anew i'm a very bad person prepare for the worst it's not what i feel for you, you & i won't be unhappy. :) every hour, every minute, & every second was worth it i guess i miss you a little. days i will never forget
(+) follow